Collection and Use of Data
We collect your personal and financial information in connection with your use of the Site. We collect the information when you voluntarily input the information into the Site or when you correspond with us via email or the online contact form. This information may directly or indirectly identify you and may include:
- Your first and last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses different than that used during your use of the Site), if you contact us; or
- Your financial information such as your credit card information and billing address.
We process this data in order to provide you with the best Site experience possible. This means that, from time to time, we process data:
- Where you provide consent (e.g. mailing lists or other opt-in items);
- To comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims;
- To protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies;
- Where you have made the information public;
- Where necessary in the public interest;
- To resolve customer support inquiries;
- To maintain our own accounts and records;
- To ensure the Site is secure;
- To protect against fraud, spam and abuse; or
- To improve the services we offer you, or the functionality of our Site and ensure technical functionality.
When you visit our Site, a cookie may be placed on your browser so that our system recognizes your browser when you return. Third parties may also place cookies on your browser to assist us in creating more targeted advertising.
Who May Receive Your Data
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as web developers or server managers who provide storage and server access to support the Site, marketing analysts or other analytics services, and other providers who are contractually bound to keep your information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclosed it;
- A buyer, successor or newly acquired entity in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets where your information is transferred as a business asset;
- Someone who requires disclosure as part of our compliance with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- When necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others; or
- To anyone whom we have your consent to disclose.
We do not personally collect or store payment information. We partner with third parties to collect and fulfill payment transactions. Accordingly, your credit or debit card information (such as card type and expiration date) and other financial data that is needed to process your payment may be collected and stored by our third-party payment processors. We may also collect some limited information, such as your postal code, phone number, and details of your transaction history, all of which are necessary to complete your purchase of our products and services. In addition, the payment processors generally provide us with some limited information related to you, such your card’s type, expiration date, and certain digits of your card number so that we can process refunds or further service the transaction.
We will not keep your personal data for longer than reasonably necessary. We will retain your data for as long as it is needed to provide you with services.
The GDPR and Your Rights in the Use of Your Data
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Please note that, as permitted by law, we may charge a nominal fee for information requests and may require you to prove your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
Please contact Customer Service at email@example.com to request the removal of your identifying personal information from our database or to no longer receive future communications.
Except as otherwise provided by law, with respect to your personal data you have the right to:
- Request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you;
- Request that the Company correct, amend or update any personal data that is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- Request that your personal data be erased when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time;
- Request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (where applicable);
- Request that a restriction is placed on further processing of your information when there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics; or
- File a complaint with the appropriate authorities.
Notice and Applicable Law
All notice required to be given in writing and delivered either by hand or by recognized overnight delivery service shall be pre-paid and addressed as set forth below.
If to the Company:
THE SKILLED ADVOCATE COMPANY
Attn: Tania Williams
515 N. Flagler Drive, Suite P-300
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
If to You:
Via e-mail or transmittal to the address identified by you through your use of the Site.
Updated March 12, 2022